Have you suffered an accident injury in Austin? If so, you may need injury treatment from an experienced personal injury chiropractor near you.
We are Austin Chiropractic & Rehab, and we have a tremendous amount of experience helping people recover following a motor vehicle accident.
We can help diagnose and treat your PI injuries, targeting the root cause of the injury, so you can get on the road to recovery as quickly as possible. What should you expect during your first visit to a chiropractor in Austin following a motor vehicle collision? Read below.
What To Expect During A Chiropractic Visit For A Personal Injury
If you are visiting a personal injury doctor in Austin or nearby your local area for help with your motor vehicle accident injuries, there are several steps you can expect during your consultation. These include:
Take a History and Assess the Symptoms
First, a local chiropractor will take a complete history. He or she will want to learn more about the accident you were involved in. Some of the questions may include:
- When did the accident take place?
- Where were you sitting in the car?
- How fast were the vehicles going at the time of impact?
Then, a PI doctor will ask for more information on your symptoms. For example, he or she may want to know when the symptoms started, what makes the issue better, and what makes the issue worse. This is important for figuring out what type of injury you might have. Even if you felt fine immediately after the accident, it is important to reach out to a local injury doctor as quickly as possible. There may be some serious issues that do not cause immediate symptoms.
A Complete Physical Exam and Evaluation
After collecting information on your history and symptoms, a chiropractor will do a complete physical exam. This is important for grading the severity of your auto injury. During this examination, our walk in Austin PI chiropractor will not leave any stone unturned. It is important to get a complete picture of all organ systems and musculoskeletal structures so that nothing is overlooked. Even if you do not have symptoms in a certain location, there may still be an underlying issue. Your local doctor or chiropractor will develop a comprehensive treatment plan based on the exam and evaluation.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Once a doctor has collected all the information needed, it is time to develop a diagnosis and treatment plan. Your local medical provider will let you know exactly what he or she has uncovered. Then, the clinic will tailor your treatment plan to meet your needs. For example, instead of going with a cookie-cutter treatment plan, our Austin PI doctor will provide you with a wide variety of treatment options to not only help you get better but stay better.
Your 1st Appointment: Visiting Our Austin Personal Injury Doctor Near You For The First Time
The goal of our office is centered on helping our patients make a quick and full recovery from their injury. What makes our office unique is that we address the entirety of an injury from pain control to rehab and full recovery. We accomplish this by using the latest treatment techniques and therapies. We also have a fully digital x-ray system in our office that allows us to make a full evaluation of your accident injury to give you a customized treatment plan for your car crash injury.
As our patient at Austin Chiropractic & Rehab, here’s what you can expect during your initial visit:
1. Upon scheduling with our office we will answer any and all questions you may have in regards to insurance and treatment. We are here to help.
2. We will then send you a link to fill out your initial paperwork regarding your injury and a general health questionnaire to fill out before your appointment.
3. Upon arriving to the clinic for your initial evaluation, you will be warmly greeted by our staff who will then almost immediately take you to the exam room to be seen by our doctor. Our Austin injury doctor will then perform an extensive exam, reviewing and evaluating your accident-related symptoms, such as whiplash, that includes a detailed history, physical examination, orthopedic testing, neurological testing and range of motion testing. If x-rays are needed, they will be taken immediately and reviewed with you the same day.
4. Upon determination of your injuries, our doctor will give a detailed explanation of your injuries, the required treatment and expectation of recovery time. We strive to educate the patient and answer any and all questions at this point.
5. On your first visit, we will begin treatment right away to get ahead of the injury. Treatment may include a combination of chiropractic adjustments, gentle stretching, muscle stimulation to relax tight muscles or disc decompression.
6. Following your initial treatment, you will notice the improvement already and have the confidence that you have made the right choice. Periodic re-evaluations will be performed to ensure progress and recovery are being made. Should additional medical services such as MRI, lab work or referral to another physician is needed it will be all handled by our office. We have long standing relationships working with many other providers and specialists for our patients’ needs.
The Benefits of Seeing a Local Chiropractor for Your Accident PI Injury
There are several benefits of seeing a local car accident chiropractor for an accident injury. These include:
- Chiropractic can help you reduce inflammation throughout your body, helping you feel better.
- Chiropractic can help you remove scar tissue, improving your flexibility and range of motion.
- Your chiropractor may be able to help you avoid prescription medications and surgeries.
- A chiropractor can help you identify the root cause of your problem, helping you get better and stay better.
Most importantly, a chiropractor can help you restore the function of damaged or injured organ systems while decreasing chronic pain and discomfort. This can make a significant difference during your recovery process, which is why it is important to see an Austin chiropractor following a car crash.
Call us today to book your first PI appointment with Dr. Shawn McHone!